Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas-time is here again

Welcome to Advent.  I have not been very good at focusing on Advent this season despite rudimentary effort to make my life "cheery & bright." My house and life are a mess and adding anything to my day is typically a thought as I fall asleep to try for tomorrow.

That said, advent is important. God took on human flesh... and we're not talking beautiful rippling muscles and shiny white teeth. God came as a helpless baby and subjected himself to our diseases, discomforts, aging, and limitations. He limited and lessened himself with the end goal of sacrifice for me. The only immortal one became mortal, tired, and gave himself up willingly for me.  We waited and waited.  Our only hope seemed ridiculous.  Why would anyone do this? But our hope came.  We need to remember.  We need to celebrate.

Step one will be to go through Fellowship's Advent Devotional. I'll keep you posted on steps to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment