Two experiments with lunch this week and each a success!
My first experiment doesn't come with a personal picture. I made this meal (with the help of my loving husband) three times and every time was at the last second. No time for picture taking foolishness. :) In fact, this was just the meal for nights when I literally do not have time to eat. It's my current plan for nights when I have to charge. So what is this amazing time saver of a meal? It was a pre-made paleo meal from RSB catering, simmered to perfection and tossed in the food processor with a little added (homemade) chicken broth and pureed to oblivion. In the blender it looked like the epitome of health food (i.e. ew!) but consumed through a straw from a metal travel mug it was a delicious creamy soup. My first meal was a combo of turkey chili, sweet potato puree, brussels sprouts, swiss chard, and chicken broth. I was very nervous about pulverizing so much good food into something potentially nasty but was VERY pleasantly surprised. I sipped it all night as I charted and ran around like a mad woman. HUGE success. (bonus: no one ever questioned my supper. I might as well have been drinking water. no one ever batted an eye at the weirdness of my meal. success!)
My second experiment does come with a picture. I made a paleo sandwich (well, wrap). It has been almost a year since I've had a sandwich and I sincerely miss the convenience factor. Never fear. I ordered Pure Wrap original and curry flavored wraps. I filled the curry wrap with tuna salad (tuna, mayo, cranberries, carrots, salt, and pepper) and chowed down. SO amazing. The cranberries and curry went SO well together. Happy happy eating. :) Now to dive into my copy of Well Fed and plan my meals for the week (including Christmas and family visits, yay!).
Oh, here's the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment