Wednesday was an awful night at work. Awful enough to cry to my husband and derail my diet with carb comfort foods. Instead of going to bed we went out to Brother Juniper's (awesome). I ordered a Juniper Latte (Espresso, caramel, steamed milk, topped w/ whipped cream) and 3 pieces of french toast with maple syrup and bacon. To top it off I stole my hubby's home fries. The sugar rush was incredible. It even did the emotional trick for the day. The end results, however, not so good. My carb cravings? MASSIVE from that day on.
Since that fateful breakfast I've had pizza, brownies, gelato (twice), a cookie, chocolates from work's candy drawer, mexican at mi pueblo, and tacos at chipotle. all i want to eat are carbs and i have been giving in! That is, until tonight. Tonight we went to Chipotle for dinner and afterwards I made myself a (paleo) chai pumpkin latte. Delish! However, combine the corn and rice from dinner with the coconut milk from dessert and you get one VERY unhappy tummy.
This has got to end. Also! I had my first "Oh my gosh, I think I'm going to die if I don't eat NOW" moment that I remember in recent history. I used to have those daily. I couldn't think. I felt sick. I was irritable. And Walt had to quickly figure out and come up with the food my body was craving or all hell would break loose. The moment that returned I knew I had a problem. I have to go back to eating strict paleo. And now I have my husband's support. No more feeding my whims. It's time to get serious and eat right. I'm going to see how many days I can go without cheating. Here's hoping for a whole week! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment