Wednesday, October 19, 2011

VI

It must be the caffeine coursing through my veins, but I'm pretty excited about life right now.  There's no good reason.  I'm still trying to live days and nights and thinking about whether or not I should look for a new job, whether or not we should move back to Arkansas, whether or not to live above our means and join back up at Faction, whether or not Walt's back will heal and he'll join the army, waiting to see how long we live in limbo until we know and can move ahead, etc. etc. (I know, I know... 1st world problems).

All of that, a messy house, and here I am meal planning for the next 7 days. It's 4 AM Wednesday morning. I just hope I can get the energy up to buy the groceries and prep the ingredients for these meals. But right now, it all seems very doable.  And this morning I'm going to go work out (hence the coffee). 0600 WOD here I come. I'm just crossing my fingers that it is still on. Life feels pretty good.

(Oh- and fyi, today I had brats for breakfast and then picked up a DELICIOUS cup of illy coffee at Cafe Eclectic on our way to Arkansas. It's gray and chilly and rainy and it made me want to move to Seattle and drink coffee all the time --that is a lot of and's--. In Arkansas I got to see most of the Stokes clan --Bob, Barbara, Dorothy, baby Julia, Kora, Saja, David, & Tobias-- and then got to break in a "youth gun" for my niece's birthday. I hadn't realized how much more fun it is to shoot a gun when it doesn't leave bruises on your shoulder and take all your might to pull the trigger, hold the gun, and avoid kickback.  I feel kinda sheepish but... I think they need a little rebranding so that I can proudly own one myself. After dark Walt & I made our way back to Memphis to the 3 Angel's Diner --this is attempt two in two days, I wanted me some brussels sprouts-- where we had the amazing Colossus Burger sans bun, pickle and chips. You know it's good when you can get full sans bun, pickle, and chips; and this burger stuffs me. We came home where I fell asleep during Toy Story 3, oops, made some coffee, did some laundry, discovered the accent vlog -- more to come on that--, and sat down to plan our week in food.  Also, on a slightly related note, this is a 4 day work week for me. Yet another reason life is looking good. :) Sorry for that ramble.  This is probably proof positive that coffee has a profound affect on me. I just hope I don't crash just before 6.)

No comments:

Post a Comment