Monday, October 24, 2011

My Weekend is Too Short

Delightful dinner. So quick and easy that the only picture I have is of its leftovers.


Honestly, it was just lunch meat rolled up in cheese & the best apple ever. Who can't use a simple and tasty paleo meal on their night off?  I'm seriously tempted to eat another apple. The honey crisps I got on Saturday are the best I've ever tasted. YUM.

In other news, it's my weekend again. This month I get Monday/Tuesday off (which is really Sunday night and Monday). So on my first weekend night off (since May) I slept until 3, drank some highly caffeinated tea, took a walk with Walt & the dog, went to church (drank some more tea), and rushed to Arkansas (less rushing next week) for a bonfire with the Wilsons.

Let me just say, I married a man who can make an incredible cooking fire. We had s'mores (yay, that's the treat for this week) with nutella and cheddar brats and pork ribs. Great food and as a side bonus: my clothes smell like campfire. One of the best smells on earth.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get up early (I'll hopefully go to bed early too) so Walt & I can go to Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park to hike some new trails. I want to cook some chicken I've had my eye on for at least a week and carve some pumpkins too. Unfortunately, I guess the zoo will have to wait until another time. I'm kind of hoping for a cold and drizzly day.  Is that weird? I just picture myself and Walt all bundled up and close together with the animals and a distinct lack of whiny kids thanks to the slightly crummy weather. I might even carry around a coffee or spiced cider. This could be just perfect. :)

In still other news, I'm not feeling very motivated to work out lately. I feel like I'm getting weaker, not stronger and miss the programming I got used to at Faction. I like my new box... just not the main site workouts.  It's hard to get up for a work out when you don't see the results. It's hard to get up at all with this crazy work schedule I have. I really just want 12 hour shifts or days. But with my manager not (truthfully) willing to consider 12 hour shifts it looks like I'm stuck trying to motivate myself on too little sleep for a little while longer. Thankfully, I just got my copy of Make It Paleo to play with this next week. (It's the size of some of my nursing text books. I can play with this book for weeks and weeks to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment