Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bedtime for the Bonzette

What is your bedtime routine, dear non-existent reader?
On days when I have to work it goes something like this: Let the dog out and boil some water for tea, drop my scrubs directly into the washer and change into my pj's, let the dog in and give him his breakfast. I pour my tea and take my vitamins, clean myself up. Then I take my Magnesium Serene "tea" into bed with me, snuggle up next to the hubby and talk about the day, ask him how he slept. Once I'm done sipping my tea I'll go to sleep and he'll get up for the day. That's how bedtime goes 5 days a week.
On my weekends (whatever days those may be), I try to ease into sleep just a little bit more gradually (Seriously, it may sound eased but it's 30 minutes from blue alerts, RRTs, and psych patients leaving AMA to snuggling in with my sweetie). On weekends I turn off the lights and tv one hour before bedtime.  I shut off all the blue lights and replace them with candles. I get ready for bed while getting the dog ready for the day. Then I take my tea, cozy up with my nook, and read by candle light until I'm good and tired. Finally, I snuggle in with my honey, ask him how he slept, and drift off to sleep myself.
Speaking of... it's time to shut this computer and open up my nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment